Case - Catbernet Cat Wine
Catbernet Cat Wine (12 Units)
The ultimate catnip experience for your cat. Catbernet liquid valerian root (catnip alternative) is a faux vintage designed to stimulate your cat's love for catnip. Simply pour into a cup of your choice and serve to simulate a wine beverage for your cat.
Effectiveness Scale (1-10):
What's inside Catbernet?
Catbernet is a liquid valerian root blend that is brewed by extracting the oils from the 100% organic valerian root. It is mixed with a proprietary blend to attain a smell that causes effects in cats.
What are the effects?
While not all cats will react to cat wine, most cats will exhibit a catnip type behavior that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Increased playfulness
- Increased immediate stimulation
- Rolling around, flipping over and general hyperactivity
- If ingested, catnip will act as a mild sedative
- catnip is not a true toxin and is not addictive
What is Valerian Root?
- Valerian Root (Valeriana officinalis) is a perennial herb that is native to Europe and Asia.
- Unlike catnip, which only works on cats, valerian also works on other animals, including dogs, rats, and, strangely, earthworms.
- Cats go crazy for catnip because of a chemical compound called nepetalactone. In valerian root, the compound they're reacting is most likely actinidine or valeric acid. It has been shown that valeric acid acts like a cat pheromone, which may explain why some cats react to it and others don't. You can also blame valeric acid for the super potent smell of valerian root!
What are the ingredients?
- A proprietary blend of filtered water, organic valerian root, organic beet color, sea salt (stability) and potassium sorbate (non toxic preservative)